After Emergency Strikes

Call Us Now

The Scary Reality of Mold in Your Home

The-Scary-Reality-of-Mold-in-Your-Home

Hearing the phrase, “You have mold in your home,” is enough to scare any homeowner, and for a good reason.

Mold is a fast-spreading fungus that causes numerous issues to your home and the health of everyone living inside. Getting rid of this problem entirely is incredibly challenging, especially for anyone else that’s not educated or trained professional. It grows in hard-to-see places, like inside walls, ceilings, walls, under your carpet, and more. The scary reality is, mold can be hazardous.

Continue reading to learn more.

The Health Dangers of Mold in Your Home

While not every person will negatively react to mold, most people living in a home with significant mold growth will likely experience symptoms similar to a cold, like a scratchy throat, nasal congestion, coughing, and other respiratory issues. Those who are more sensitive to mold or have existing health problems such as allergies or asthma will often have a more severe reaction to mold and could develop life-threatening diseases and infections.

Unfortunately, healthy individuals are not always immune to mold with prolonged exposure and can develop chronic respiratory infections, like pneumonitis or asthmas. This is especially true in younger children, whose bodies, including their respiratory system, are still developing and are susceptible to dealing with significant issues when exposed to mold for a long time.

How Does Mold Get into Your Home

Mold enters homes in numerous ways: it can blow in with the wind, come in with the dog, or be tracked in on shoes, bags, or clothing. Once it’s in your house, all it needs is a food source (which can even be found in something as small as dust!), moisture or humidity, and a good surface to live on. Even in deserts like Utah, mold can quickly grow in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, or air conditioning ducts (where the condensations provide just enough moisture). It can also make its home in ceiling tiles, under wallpaper, wood products, inside drywall, and in the insulation inside your walls.

The Spreading of Mold in Your Home

One of the most concerning and frustrating attributes of mold is that it grows and spreads in basically no time at all! Spreading from one room to another, such as a kitchen to a bathroom, can easily occur through your home’s heating and air conditioning ducts. Even after removing the mold, a single remaining mold spore can lead to an entirely new mold colony. This is why calling in the pros to handle the job is essential.

Does Your Home or Business Have Mold? Contact Restoremasters Today!

Thankfully, you can minimize the dangers of mold in your home by immediately identifying mold and calling in professionals to remove it. If you find mold in your home, it’s essential to have it cleaned right away. Even small amounts of mold can soon become unmanageable and threatening to your health if left untreated. Call the experts at Restoremasters today to have the mold in your Salt Lake City home removed for good. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of technicians is available 24/7 for emergencies, including flood, fire, vandalism, board-up service, and more. Contact us today.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest

Recent Posts